offered for sale is a plate by Johnson Brothers entitled "The School House" it is part of their "The Friendly Village" series of tableware.
This pattern series, with its illustrations of various village scenes, was produced for half a century by Johnson Brothers of England aimed at the post Ww2 Usa market .
Johnson Brothers was founded in 1883 at Charles Street Works in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent. The names of the brothers who founded the company are: Alfred, Frederik, Henry, and Robert. Johnson Brothers continued its growth in the tableware industry throughout the first half of the 20th century. But by the late 1960s, demand waned and the company was acquired by the Wedgwood group in 1968