Offered for sale is a rather elegant, 19th Century silver plated, lidded jug, pattern number 635 by Cooper Bros of Sheffield.
Established in 1866 as Cooper Bros by Thomas Cooper and John William Cooper they were active at 14 High St (1850-1871), Don Plate Works, Bridge St (1872-1885), and 44 Arundel St (1886-1983).
The firm became Cooper Brothers & Sons Ltd in 1895. In 1914 the firm had branches in London, 54, Holborn Viaduct, E.C. Sydney (N.S.W.), Melbourne, and Montreal. In 1983 the business was acquired by Frank Cobb & Co Ltd. The firm used the trademarks Don Silver and Pompton Silver