Offered for sale is an early 20th century silver plate, four division toast rack by The Alexander Clark Co Ltd.
Established in 1891 by Clift Alexander Mawer Clark at 138 Fenchurch Street, London. Manufacturing premises were opened in 1894 at 29 Market Place, Oxford Street.
In 1900 the firm was active at Welbeck Works, Randall Street, Sheffield, transferring its activity to James Street Works, St. Paul's, Birmingham, in 1918.
The firm was active also at 29 Market Place, London (1894-1910), 188 Oxford Street, London (1900-1915), 125-126 Fernchurch Street, London (1909-1918), 38-40 Mitre Street, Aldgate, London (1921), 17 Sycamore Street, Sheffield (1921) and 38 Leadenhall Street, London (1941).
The partners were C.A.M. Clark, Louis Vernon Clark, Robert Fead Mosley and Robert Frederick Mosley (of R.F. Mosley & Co Ltd).
The firm was converted in 1912 into a limited liability company under the style of the Alexander Clark Co Ltd.
In 1914 the Alexander Clark Manufacturing Co Ltd had 620 employees in the activities of silversmiths, cutlers, precious stone mounters and dressing bag manufacturers. It was specialised in the production of silver, "Welbeck Silver Plate" and electroplate, cutlery, fitted dressing cases and bags, high-class leather goods.
WELBECK was the trade mark used on their silverplate production.
Alexander Clark c. 1891 - c. 1898
The Alexander Clark Manufacturing Co c. 1898 - 1912
The Alexander Clark Co Ltd 1912 - 1940s
Free delivery to UK Mainland. International customers please contact us via email for costs or to arrange your own courier collection. Please note, we do not use Hermes or Yodel for our deliveries and do require a mobile contact number for all deliveries.